The annual Spring Race is here! Its that time of year when we pull the lawnmower out from storage; add a fresh layer of mulch to the garden; and get water flowing to our sprinkler heads once more.
Let’s add one more item to the checklist this year – landscape lighting maintenance. Why, you ask? Many of the same reasons you would service things like your car or air conditioner – to make them operate at peak performance.
Regular service to your landscape lighting system ensures continued enjoyment of your outdoor space after dusk. We perform a variety of tasks when examining your lights, such as:
- Application of a preventative compound at the bulb contacts to mitigate corrosion
- Lubricate gaskets to allow them to continue acting as a proper seal
- Clean the lens with Windex to allow a pure and clear shine of light
- Reposition the fixtures that may have shifted due to frost heave
- Relocate or revise fixtures whose subject may have outgrown the light
- Test the overall performance of the bulbs
- Back tree-mounted fixtures & fasteners away from the tree.
- Inspect the timer and transformer to guarantee their function
- Replace the timer batteries to protect the programming
This is also a great time to upgrade your system with new lights to highlight additions you’ve made to your yard. Or how about adding new wireless control to operate your lights?
As you go through your Spring items this year, don’t forget to include a landscape lighting service.